Resistance Festival 2013
The Resistance Festival shall take place in Athens, from 21 to 23 June 2013, for the sixth consecutive year. Reserve these dates! We extend our invitation to all the progressive, democratic, patriotic and left forces worldwide:
- Join this international (and internationalist) event that propels the meeting, networking and exchanging experiences among its participants.
- Meet and interact with our guests and delegations from Greece and dozens of other countries from all over the globe.
- Live firsthand the experience of the Greek people in struggle, and enjoy the rich cultural program during all these three days.
The draft program will be available shortly. Until then... contact us for any information you might request, and/or in order to submit to us your proposals and suggestions!
Phone: +30-210-3837191, +30-210-6441745
Rebellion - December 2008
|Info about the 4th Resistance Festival - Athens, 1-2-3 July 2011|
THE PROGRAM (details only where there is international participation) [*]
Friday 1 July19:30-21:00: Workshop 1 From Napoli to Keratea, against rubbish dumps and “waste management” mafia
- Marco Santopadre, director of Radio Città Aperta (Rome, Italy)
- Dimitris Damaskos, Initiative for Concertation on the Waste Management
- Representatives from various communities in struggle against rubbish dumps
19:30-21:00: Workshop 2 The solidarity as an answer to the crisis (“Greek workshop” with participation of solidarity networks and a free-of-charge welfare clinic based on voluntaries)
21:00-22:30 MAIN DEBATE The squares of the world are speaking
- Syntagma square, Athens: Dimitris Mitropoulos (movement “dikaioma.gr”)
- Puerta del Sol, Madrid: Juma Estévez Mateos
- MayDays, Lisbon: Filipa Gonçalves
- Tahrir square, Cairo: Mohamed Youssef, 6 April Movement
- Plaza del Mayo, Buenos Aires: César Miguel García, Youth of CCC
(*) The friends from Plaça de Catalunya, Barcelona (Gerard Coca and Rubo Borràs) will not arrive in time for this debate. We will arrange a separate meeting on Sunday 3 July, so they can inform the other foreign delegations and the public about the popular protests in Catalunya.
Saturday 2 July
19:30-20:30: Workshop Ancona – Igoumenitsa – Patras: Trajectories of immigrants, EU “Dublin II” Treaty
- Anti-racist and solidarity initiatives from Western Greece and Italy
20:00-21:00 MAIN DEBATE 1 The Arab Spring colors the Earth
- Dr Alaa Shokralla, served as volunteer in the Medical Care Station of Tahrir Square, Party of the Popular Socialist Alliance (Egypt)
- Brahim Ben Taleb, Communist Party of Tunisian Workers (PCOT, Tunisia)
- Murad Ali Abdullah, Coordination Council of Youth Revolution for Change (CCYRC, Yemen)
- Mahmoud Safadi, Addameer / Ahmad Saadat Campaign (Palestine)
21:00-22:30 MAIN DEBATE 2 For a real democracy (“Greek debate” with participation of Greek MPs etc – We will provide a simultaneous translation into English for the international guests that would like to participate)
Sunday 3 July
19:30-20:30: Workshop 1 “I don’t pay” – Movements of civil disobedience (refusal to pay in the privatized high-ways toll stations, etc) (“Greek workshop” with participation of grassroots committees and coordinations)
19:30-20:30: Workshop 2 Organization and movements of unemployed in the crisis’ context
- Representatives of unemployed people initiatives from various Greek cities
- César Miguel García, Youth of CCC (Argentina)
- Reports from Portugal and France
20:30-22:00 MAIN DEBATE The IMF invades Europe – The end of the EU?
- Daithí Mac An Mháistir, socialist republican party “eirigi” (Ireland)
- Jorge Costa, Political Commission of the “Bloco de Esquerda” (Portugal)
- Christos Katsoulas, Communist Organization of Greece (KOE)
- Annette Groth, MP, Die Linke (Germany)
- Thorvaldur Thorvaldsson, Red Forum (Iceland)
ALSO: Every day there is a rich cultural program, starting at 22:00, with music concerts in the main concert scene. Additionally, there will be a second musical stage, with Greek rembetika and popular songs, in the tavern area. The Festival also hosts various art expositions, film projections, etc.
[*] According to the rapidly changing political developments and the needs of the popular movement against the Papandreou government and the IMF-EU-ECB Troika, the program of the 4th Resistance Festival may be modified partially or as a whole in any moment. Please contact us for any new information. The squares have the priority!